Bathrooms are often the most boring room of the house… but they don’t have to be.
Bathrooms are viewed as a functional room, so people neglect aesthetics when planning a bathroom remodel. However, bathrooms can be as stylish as any other room of the house with a little attention to design. If you are planning to remodel your bathroom, read on for ideas on how to make this room as stylish and aesthetically pleasing as every other room in your home.
A beautiful bathroom is a major selling point for homes. In addition, it is a way to make your daily existence more luxurious. We spend a lot of time in bathrooms yet too many people neglect the aesthetics of this room. A beautiful bathroom creates a welcoming space for bathing, preening, and the other things we do in that room.
One of the major challenges of creating a stylish bathroom is that this room must include a great deal of functional items, including sinks, showers, baths, and toilets. In addition, bathrooms are relatively small compared to other rooms of the house, which presents design challenges. Many homeowners assume incorrectly that designing a beautiful bathroom is prohibitively expensive or downright impossible. However, there are many ways to add your own personal style to this functional room.
Because bathrooms are indeed a small room filled with functional hardware and plumbing, you have to focus on details, such as:
• Furniture-style vanities instead of cabinets
• Bold or dark paint colors, especially on an accent wall
• Attention to hardware such as faucets and lighting fixtures
• Coordinating accessories such as towels and shower curtains
• Luxury countertops made of marble, granite, and other popular materials. These are also more durable so the expense is not as great as it seems over the life of your home!These are also more durable so the expense is not as great as it seems over the life of your home!
• Softer lighting
• Hardwood or intricate tile flooring
• Stylish storage to keep the room uncluttered
• Framed or otherwise non-standard mirrors
• Moldings that coordinate with vanities or other wood features
• Streamlined floor plans that give the illusion of more space
Bathrooms don’t have to be boring. These rooms are actually a design opportunity, because they are small enough that you can try bolder colors and patterns without being overwhelming. If you have questions about how to make yours a little more pleasing, talk to a bathroom remodeling expert today. We are happy to help you design the bathroom of your dreams.
Are you considering making your bathroom the most beautiful room in your house? Contact us today.